Tuesday 29 May 2012

Some Happenings in 1939

Found a box of photos ... thought I would share some with you.  Grampa was on his own this summer but I don't think he is in any of this group of pics ... maybe the next post will be of him.

Mum spent a lot of time with the "Falkys" ... the family if Ern, Gladys, Norma and Ruth ... and dog Nigger ... that summer, as she seems to be with them, and other, in the photo pile.   Here are a few:

Hard to believe that this is May when they went to Niagara Falls.  The first photo is Mum and Auntie Glad, the second is Uncle Ern and Norma.  Not my "real" aunt and uncle, but the ones that we saw the most as we grew up.

 

Evening of Ern's Ordination, June 1939

In June of 1939, Uncle Ern was ordained to be a minister of the Gospel. I am not sure where they were living, nor what church he then was involved with ... guess I will have to find out!

 I don't know where they went in Bala for vacation, but there are lots of photos of them in the water, on the dock, near the lake, and even washing the car.



More photos to come at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment